Rusq.org explains what Literature Review means
- 1 Rusq.org explains what Literature Review means
- 1.1 What is the definition of Literature Review?
- 1.2 Some of the most common types of literature review
- 1.3 How to write the best literature review
- 1.4 Some notes when writing literature review
- 1.5 Conclude
- Welcome to Rusq.org, which specializes in aggregating all questions and answers, what is the definition, discussing and answering what stands for words among young people, today we will learn a new concept that is Literature Review? Literature Review meanings. What is Literature Review? Meaning and use of Literature Review. What is literature review? Literature review questions answered!
What is the definition of Literature Review?
- “Literature review” is understood as “theoretical review” – is the identification, synthesis and evaluation of all scientific research around certain issues or research questions. This is the process of critically analyzing a certain relationship between different research results and relating all of those results to student research. Literature review is presented in the form of an independent research paper that begins as a scientific article or a chapter of a thesis, providing specific theoretical frameworks or theoretical foundations for that research.
- Literature review is considered a very important part of the students’ thesis making process. Because when grading papers, most lecturers will often be interested and look mainly at the literature review of a student to be able to determine what that student has researched, has researched thoroughly about the field. that I am doing or not, is the thesis going in the right direction? Therefore, a standard essay cannot be complete without a literature review.
Writing literature review not only gives students a clear and accurate understanding of the field they are studying, but also plays a very important role in the following issues:
- Literature review helps to analyze and find new research questions for the implementation process.
- Literature review helps to relate theories to real life and provides researchers with basic and necessary concepts.
- Helps increase understanding and implementation of different approaches to the problem that can be applied to research.
- Literature review also helps to make recommendations as well as directions for future research, and at the same time provides specific evidences, conflicting issues and solutions.
Some of the most common types of literature review
Currently, there are two types of theoretical research: systematic and explanatory. An explanatory paper will probably be an important foundation to carry out research for the system and vice versa, a systematic study will be able to supplement and be an essential element for the theoretical study. smart. Therefore, most theoretical studies of scientific articles or theses will often appear in these two forms.
Type of research theory explanatory
The study of narrative theory, also known as narrative literature review, includes:
- – Analyze and synthesize in a specific and thorough way the issues.
- – The study of intelligence theory will not follow a certain clear procedure.
- – The intelligent theoretical studies that are often chosen to analyze are issues related to support and recommendations for the author, objective and balanced.
- – The type of literature review in the form of explanatory research can assess the quality as well as the overall strengths of each issue you research in each different field in a qualitative way.
- – These studies, when there is a lack of data, the authors can propose based on their own opinions and experiences as well as the ability to convince through proposals depending on the strength of the data. case is used.
Systems theory type of research
For this type of systems theory study, the following issues will be included:
- – Systematic research will use empirical research documents for its research process.
- System research has a clear and specific implementation process.
- This type of study will have specific criteria for selecting or excluding results.
- – The data for individual systems research can be aggregated into a meta-analytical study.
- Systematic research will often involve a lot of quantitative research.
- – If there is a lack of data during the systematic study, the authors can suggest future research directions and fill in the gaps in the research.
How to write the best literature review
Identify the problem and the scope to be studied
To be able to write the best and most standard literature review, the first thing you need to do is determine what your literature review will be about. That means you have to come up with the most specific criteria to be able to select scientific articles and theses to include in your literature review as well as discard less relevant ones.
The most important thing when doing research and writing literature review is that you need to notice that the questions for the literature review section and the research questions for the thesis/scientific article are completely different. For example, the question in the literature review is “What did previous research conclude as to what factors affect firm performance?” The main question of the thesis should be “For technology enterprises, are these factors still important for the development of enterprises?” Therefore, doing literature review will have the role of helping you to see an important part of the answers to theses based on the criteria of secondary studies. To be able to answer all the other important questions in the thesis research set, you need to do other primary research to be able to complete.
And depending on the goals of the thesis set out from the beginning, you will ask the most appropriate questions to research literature review based on different criteria. Specifically, the criteria to be able to select scientific articles will include:
- – Articles and theses must be written in English and published in famous scientific journals.
- Those scientific research articles must be using quantitative research methods as the main and most important method in the research of your field.
- – Articles must meet the requirement that they be published within the last 5 years, but some old papers that still create an important foundation for research can still be mentioned.
- – Articles must use data that cannot be duplicated.
Make a specific plan
For this step, you need to break down the questions into many different concepts to form search keywords that match the selected topic. And then, you can look at the articles’ reviews to locate other articles you need to read. There are two popular methods to help you do this:
- – You can ask an advisor or an expert in the industry or field you are interested in.
- – The second way is that you can search online libraries in major universities that buy copyrights of many famous magazines, so this will be an abundant and free source of material for you. student.
One of the important steps that you cannot skip in this section is to record all of what you have done and how to do it systematically, clearly such as:
- – How many keywords have you used in all to find information.
- – You need to list all the independent and dependent variables as well as all the concepts related to the research problem in this section.
- – What factors did you combine to search for keywords?
- – How did you choose those keywords?
And when conducting searches, you should use at least 2 databases, search engines, relevant scientific journals and search for material in those sources. After that, will perform a preliminary check of the first search results to see if there is a need to change, adjust any criteria or remove any search keywords?
Conduct evaluation and selection of data
After you have planned and have the necessary list articles, the next step is to organize the articles before taking notes. Specifically it is:
- – Read the titles or summaries of all the results found, if they match the criteria set out.
- Read the entire content and focus mainly on the method and results rather than the content of the beginning and the end. After that, it will be compared with the criteria to reduce the inappropriate articles.
- – When evaluating and selecting, it is necessary to focus on specificity and note the number of articles removed with the reason.
- – Finally, conduct the most general assessment of the quality of the articles.
Presentation of data dữ
With this step, you need to do a few things:
– Make a summary by listing or also charting all the references with the results of the research in the form of tables.
– Summarize, evaluate and critique the researched issues.
– You can summarize through 1 of 3 methods below:
- Statistical form – general analysis.
- Narrative form – summarizes the problem in words and organizes them by topic.
- + Conceptual synthesis – bringing all the concepts of many different studies into a specific group for analysis.
- – Some outstanding issues that you can conduct major analysis are:
- + Analyze the background of the theory
- + Analyze designs and study them
- + Analyze the methods of sample selection
- + Analysis on how to measure
- + Analysis of strategies to analyze the necessary data
- + Analyze the results
- + Perform synthesis and evaluation of research results to be able to come to the clearest conclusion about all of your available evidence.
Some notes when writing literature review
To be able to complete a good and valuable article or thesis, the literature review in the thesis/article should pay attention to the following issues:
- – The introduction of literature review needs to be presented in a clear and logical way because often students pay so much attention to the conclusion that they forget the introduction.
- Literature review must be comprehensive and fully show the collected material.
- Literature review must absolutely not lack synthesis, evaluation and criticism.
- – All evidences and affirmative factors must be clear, factual and convincing.
- Literature review should only critique and evaluate the evidence selectively to avoid rambling and general criticism.
Thank you for reading Rusq.org’s article, hopefully the information will answer What is Literature Review ? The meanings of Literature Review will help readers add useful knowledge. If readers have any contributions or questions related to the definition of Literature Review, what is Literature Review? Please leave comments below this article. Rusq.org is always ready to exchange and receive new information and knowledge from readers