Rusq.org explains what SOS means
- Welcome to Rusq.org, which specializes in summarizing all questions and answers what is the definition, discussing and answering what the abbreviation stands for among young people, today let’s learn a new concept that is what is SOS? SOS meanings. What does SOS mean? When should SOS be used? What is SOS? The concepts of SOS need to know, what is SOS? What word stands for?
What is the definition of SOS?
SOS is an English phrase that stands for many words such as: Save Our Ship, Send Out Succour, Save Our Souls. Shoot Our Ship, Sinking Our Ship,…. However, the most standard and widely used acronym in this sense is Save Our Souls. This meaning comes from the following English compound words:
- Save: Means help, help but also means “Save” (Save Money)
- Our: This is a possessive adjective, our, our.
- Souls: Souls, the original word is Soul which means soul.
When combining these 3 individual words, we will get the phrase Save Our Souls with the above meaning.
The concepts of SOS need to know
What is an SOS call?
- SOS call means emergency call that you have set up on your phone. When you use SOS call, your current location will be sent to the emergency help center.
- How to activate sos calling? Apple has made it very easy for iPhones to trigger SOS calls without having to look at your screen or talk to someone else. If you are in a situation where you can’t move much, you can activate it by pressing some buttons on your iPhone.
How to use SOS on iPhone 8 and above
By default, Emergency SOS is set up so you have to press both the side button and one of the volume buttons to activate it.
- Press and hold the Side button and volume button on either side of your iPhone.
- Continue holding the Side button and the volume button as the SOS emergency countdown begins.
- You can also swipe right on the emergency SOS switch to trigger an instant call.
Your phone will now automatically start a countdown and then call emergency services.
How to use an emergency SOS button on iPhone 8
If you just want to use one button to use the Emergency SOS feature on your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR, you can change the settings for more convenience.
- Select settings from your home screen.
- Tap the Emergency SOS entry.
- Click call with side button (Call with Side Button On/Off switch). When the switch is green, the feature is enabled.
When this feature is enabled, you can activate the Emergency SOS feature by pressing the Side button five times in a row. It’s much easier to do in your pocket. You can still activate Emergency SOS by pressing and holding the Side button and the volume button.
How to end an emergency SOS call
- If you accidentally activate Emergency SOS, you can stop the call, even after the countdown ends, by pressing Stop. You will then be asked to confirm that you want to end the call.
- If you have emergency contacts listed in the Health app, you’ll also be asked if you want to stop sending notifications to your emergency contacts.
What is SOS Children’s Village?
- You’ve probably seen the acronym SOS before, but do you know what SOS in the village of SOS is? Before being called SOS Children’s Villages, this organization that supports children is called Societas Socialis – a social club organized to raise money for the care of orphans in Austria. And that’s why SOS appeared, which is an acronym for the club name Societas Socialis.
- SOS means socially responsible society (Societas Socialis is a Latin phrase and literally translates as social service). Hermann Gmeiner, founder of Societas Socialis, believes that every child deserves a mother, as well as siblings, a home and a supportive community environment. Formally founded in 1949, Gmeiner has refined the name to SOS Children’s Villages to emphasize the call to attention to children in need around the world.
- Those four essential needs have become the guiding principles of each SOS Children’s Village. All SOS Villages strive to save every child worldwide by providing safe, loving homes and happy childhoods.
- In Vietnam, SOS Village has operated with 17 SOS Children’s Villages in 17 provinces, including: Ben Tre, Ca Mau, Da Lat – Lam Dong, Da Nang, Dien Bien Phu – Dien Bien, Dong Hoi – Quang Binh . Pleiku – Gia Lai, Go Vap – City. Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong, Hue – Thua Thien Hue, Mai Dich – Hanoi, Nha Trang – Khanh Hoa, Quy Nhon – Binh Dinh, Thai Binh, Thanh Hoa, Viet Tri – Phu Tho, Vinh – Nghe An
Thank you for reading Rusq.org’s article, hopefully the information will answer What is SOS ? The meanings of SOS will help readers add useful knowledge. If readers have any comments or questions regarding the definition of SOS? Please leave comments below this article. Rusq.org is always ready to exchange and receive new information and knowledge from readers